The Mark of Tyranny
- Harzen has been loading the corpses of the Psurlons, Titans, and Brain Rats into a large pile, and believes he can use their energy to fuel the device equal to d8 times, (Reroll on 1 or 2). He intends on activating it after the meeting.
- Moiraine has the casualty list from the battle of the army. Untold number of civilians perished, but she estimates it at roughly a third of the population of the city, between those possessed and those slain in the mayhem.
- Harzen has finished the Sending Stones, and has 6 to give, or rather, 5, since he is keeping one for himself. Who should get the remaining 5? Resolution: 1 to Leta and Lyssandra, 1 to Moiraine, 1 to Bahamut, 1 to Elthea, 1 to Adran.
- Elthea and Ilim have both had less than pleasant run ins with Pyrdin, who has barged into their rooms or kitchens, and stolen shiny objects and meat.
- Losk has taken over the dungeon of the Manor, and has blockaded it. She refuses to speak with anyone.
- Adran’s forces have set up their compound in the city, and are prepared to offer their aid. 80 Crodlu Riders, 40 Shamans, 30 Kank Archers, and 50 Rangers. The Compound is currently being fortified.
- Elthea reports that Saerith held her troops, and refused to aid the city during the assault, saying that Nibenay had specifically forbidden it. She has control again, now that the crisis is resolved, but she worries.
- Moiraine reports that there have been figures lurking around the manor, observing it.
- Azad has sent a letter, informing the party he was able to replace a guard of House Tsalaxa. His searching for another shapeshifter in the city has turned up little. The Draj forces are currently aggressively recruiting.
- Aleyn’s Shop, tired of waiting for Nihlus, has been established by her, specializing in hard to find luxury items.
- The Jamfalcon Problem: Would the party like to control the encounter, or do it via system of rolls? Resolution: The party did a series of rolls, determing the Hidden Village was depopulated, and that a portal to the Black was disgorging Nightmare Beasts.
- Adran reports that the Fortress of The Shadowbrides outside the city is growing very quickly. Rather than investing a ridiculous amount into the construction of an entirely new Iron Rider compound, she asks if, due to the Tree planted in the ruins of the Observation Tower, if they may move into there, so she may care for the growth of the Tree and further it along. They do merely wish to setup around the ruins of the Observation Tower. Resolved: The Iron Riders have made a compound around the Tree of Life. They pledge themselves to Tyr.
- Moiraine also reports that the Treasury of the City is missing 300 gold pieces since last night.
- The Dragonborn Arena Master, as they are finishing the meeting, pipes up, offering to train each party member to proficiency with a superior weapon type of their choice. It would take 1d4 days, and both they and he would have little time for anything else, so he wouldn’t be training units, and they wouldn’t be training their Paragon Paths.
- Adran and Bite have ideas on 6 potential places to plant Tree of Life Cuttings within Tyr’s borders.
- The Eyrie of the Golden Tower, to slowly remove the taint of Kalak from the Golden Tower.
- The Ruins of the Observation Tower, to tap into the Elemental Residue from the Explosion.
- The Echoless Caverns, a strange cavern system that seems to emanate psionic and elemental energy.
- The Black Sands, an area to the east of the ruins of Silver Springs trading post, with sand darkened by excessive defiling some point in the past.
- Borys’s Citadel, a ruin rumored to be the remains of the tower of Borys, before his transformation to the Dragon.
- Chak’sa, not purely within Tyr’s borders, but well away from the Sorcerer-Kings. An old Thri-Kreen shrine, destroyed by defiling magic, on the far side of the ringing mountains.
Resolution: Picked Chak’sa and Ruins of Observation Tower.
- Captain Lyranius, in his dented and cracked armor, though freshly dyed orange and purple, looking far more refreshed now that he has washed off the travel dust, has come to the Council, asking their orders. If asked, he can put his men through their paces, patrol the surrounding areas, or, if they receive money to purchase more mounts, he can train them and more riders. He also brings up his concerns that there was some talk before he left Urik of seizing the Iron Mines of Tyr, and claiming them as a resource for Hamanu. Resolution: Took Geralt, Urkob and his riders, and went to scout NE out of city.
- Davion, looking exhausted, but with a grin on his face and blood covering his scale armor, comes in the door. After a glance at Lyranius, he reports that the Templar District has been pacified, and the prisoners are being escorted to Fort Skonz by a combination of city guards and his loyalists. He requests Cha’ka’s aid in setting up the Prison, grabbing him for a week. Davion was very impressed with Cha’ka’s martial skill, and figures he would be a useful asset if trouble happened. Resolution: Gave Davion permission to bring Cha’ka for 7 days.
- Elthea has come up with an interesting idea. Tyr needs a flag, something to rally around that isn’t Kalak’s old banner. Coming up with a design will raise happiness by 1d4. The decision has been deferred until the survey for the flag and statue come back from the people. Each district has come up with their own ideas, or these were the most supported.
- The Golden Tower, on a field of green. – From the Caravan District.
- Broken Shackles, on a split field of purple and orange. – From the Warrens.
- The Heartwood Spear, on a diagonal field of blue and red. – From the Preserver District.
- A silvered blade, on a red to yellow gradient. – From the Arena District.
- A Yellow Sun, rising into a red sky, over a purple horizon. – From the Noble District.
- Two Crossed Daggers, on a black field. – From the Elven District.
- An Iron Bar, on a Tawny and Black Checkered Field. – From the Merchant District.
- A Crodlu, running on a green and teal field. – From the camps outside the Walls.
RESOLUTION: Combined Caravan and Warrens for Broken Shackles on a field of green.
- The Dragonborn Arena Master has brought out a good portion of the loot, tapestries, iron wrought balustrades, and other decor from the Golden Tower. There are three competing merchant groups offering to buy them. House Wavir of Balic is offering 2200 gold for them, House Shom of Nibenay is offering 2400, and will use a portion of the profits to construct a headquarters for their interests in the city, and the minor House Stel of Draj is offering 1500 Gold, but would like to meet with Lyssandra and Leta privately to “Sweeten the Deal”. Resolution: Sold to House Wavir.
- Captain Lyranius, the Urik soldier that delivered the letter to the party from Hamanu, arrived with his family and 46 other Inix Cavalry, asking sanctuary in exchange for service. Resolution: Hired Captain Lyranius.
- With the sound of scales, the party sees a window at the end of the hall appear to open of it’s own volition. Lar poofs into being, the size of a small inix, (Around the length of a small horse, and about 3/4 as tall) He is covered in wounds from many small claws, and collapses once he sees the party. The party brought Adran to him, and Lar was able to tell them of the swarms of brain rats surging through the sewers that
- Geralt has come to the council, asking if there is any work in adventuring/scouting the waste he may be of use with. He has decided the Arena life is not for him, and he wishes to go out and see the world. His foul-mouthed Dwarven friend Urkob is trailing behind him, looking disheveled and muttering to himself. Hired by the party as a scout and adventurer. Asks only 10% of any treasure he finds while on the job.
- The meal tastes incredibly odd. It is revealed after whatever happens that it was cooked by Stelle, who has been helping Ilim in the kitchen. The party praised Stelle’s cooking.
- Kes is up and about, though she is having extreme difficulty walking. She can still handle a bow however, and offers her services training archers, if the party can aid Aristes in their original goal, assassinating the head of the slavers in the Templar District, named Imaar.
- Aleyn has decided she wishes to become a merchant, providing her the opportunity to meet a great deal of people while still supporting her new mortal form. She asks for a small aid of 100 gold to setting up her shop, and asks what sort of merchant she should become. She would give a portion of her profits to the party as thanks. Aleyn was told to apprentice with a magical supplier till Nihlus returned to aid her shop setup.
- Decisions made by the Temporary Council of Elthea, Slice, Bite, Cha-ka, Aristes, Kes, and Azad in Ilim’s form.
- Test Happiness 39%: Success: A guard has been accepting bribes to look the other way, but was turned in by his fellows, lose 1 guard, but gain 2 happiness. Slice suggested sending him to the prison.
- There was a duel in the marketplace between brothers over a woman. One of the brothers was killed, and the other was arrested. Slice suggested sending him to the prison as well.
- A Preserver performed an act of particular bravery, rescuing a family from a collapsing building. Bite suggested holding a parade to honor this act and raise morale. It cost 160 gold, but raised happiness by 8.
- There is an outbreak of sickness in the Merchant Distict, that is very virulent. Elthea suggested rounding up the infected, then burning them, to prevent the spread. This lowered happiness by 5, but saved the lives of countless guards and healers.
- There is a music festival going on tomorrow, making use of the arena. The arena only makes 50 gold that day, but happiness raises by 11. Suggested by Aristes.
- A Sculptor is offering to build a statue of the Council’s choice in the courtyard out front of The Manor. The party held off on what they wanted to build, planning to
- The north road into the city has been obscured by a sandstorm. Travel to and from the city is hindered. This has increased the amount of time till Moiraine and Nihlus return by 1 day each.
- A wandering psionicist has come to the city, named Unias. He offers to either train 1 psionicist a day from the recruits, or spend his time here strengthening and heightening the walls and towers of the city. He asks a salary of 50 gold per day, and will leave here after 30 days. The decision was deferred, and he is currently lodging in the guest bedroom of The Manor. The party ruled to hire the man to train psionicists.
- “There’s a ex-scribe here who wishes to setup a weekly tabloid/newspaper.” The party told him to stay at the Severed Arm and make a tam, but not to get started yet.
- “Let’s make those bloody Tsalaxan’s pay for their… indiscretions.” Nihlus Vor has another scheme in mind for how to turn a profit for the city. He requests a group of guards for an expedition to the North road to search for House Tsalaxa Caravans travelling between Draj and Nibenay. Nihlus took 20 Guards and 2 Preserver Mages to raid.
- “The Fort will make a fine prison, with the right repairs, renovations, and a warden” The Fort was refitted as a prison for 300 gold, and are going to speak with Davion to be a warden. The prison already has 147 prisoners at time of upgrade.
- “There appears to be a bandit camp recently setup in one of our abandoned forts. Fort Skonz has been occupied by a group of around 50 bandits or so.” Fort Skonz oversees the two main roads into the city. The party asked Moiraine to take some guards and retake the fort with a minimum of casualties.
- “STEP ASIDE! I DEMAND TO SPEAK WITH THIS SO CALLED COUNCIL!” The Head of the Guards, Emril, was placated with the forged letter. He remained suspicious
- “Umm… sirs and madams? There is a… man… here to see you.” Nihlus Vor of House Wavir arrived to help set up profitable ventures for the city.
- “The Guards you deployed to the farms have sent a report.” Drove off a den of Thrax, lost 8 guards, left 30 at the farms for safety.
- “Well, it’s not perfect, but it’s about as close as we’re gonna get without Titarion himself writing the letter. Paid 100 gold to Twidget Steelbite.
- “Okay, strap this here, turn this here, crank this, and then… voila!… Oh, umm… okay, right. Twist this before cranking that, or it might impale you.” Harzen’s Medium research project is completed! Lyssandra got the glider.
- “Well, this… sort of looks like Titarion’s Seal.” Moiraine. Hired Twidget Steelbite to make a more effective letter with Titarion’s Seal.
- “You know, I’ve never checked, but I bet some of those slack-jawed slaves we’ve been recruiting could learn some basic magic. Light a candle, turn a jhakar bright blue, make it seem like your crodlu is talking to you. Give me free reign to test and train them, and I can probably give you something useful.” Harzen setup an academy for Battle Mages.
- “The party sent a message to House Wavir, about the opportunity to run the quarries and iron mines outside Tyr.”
Potential sources of income for the city.
- “The party sold off a good amount of the silverware and miscellaneous opulent items around Titarion’s Estate.”
Gained 240 gold, put towards building the farms below.
- “The recent riots torched a number of storehouses that held about half the food storage of the city. If we don’t act , the people will likely starve long before our enemies get them.” -Moiraine.
The party paid 1500 gold out of their pockets to pay off the farms, and Moiraine ordered several mages to accompany the construction workers to speed the growth of food.
- “There’s no way around it. Titarion had killing Kalak to add legitimacy to his rule. I fear we won’t ever be accepted as the true rulers, unless we accomplish something similarly impressive. The Golden Tower is the largest remaining symbol of Kalak’s rule, and I think it’s our only chance at cementing our reign.” -Moiraine
- “Our numbers are pitiful. A half-trained child could take out some of our guard towers with a pointed stick.” -Arena Master
The party instituted a volunteer draft, promising food, board, and bonuses for heroism or service, instead of a wage for the volunteers. This gained them some volunteers, and costs 20 gold/day.
- “Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig up corpses? Give me some slaves, err, ex-slaves, and some shovels. I’m getting tired of digging.” -Harzen Scorchedskull.
Give Harzen 200 gold to excavate one of Tyr’s three major graveyards. This will negatively impact public opinion, but will give you 10d20 sets of bones to put towards research. This can be repeated 3 times. Declined.
- “The Ziggurat is just sitting there, taking up space without doing anything. If I wanted that, I’d give Cha’ka some cactus wine.” -Arena Master.
The Ziggurat of Tyr is lying crippled and dormant. For a cost of 200 gold, it could be sealed and prettied up, and turned into a throne room similar to how Titarion had it. Alternatively, for 100 gold per day for 30 days, we could hire some stonemasons, metalsmiths, and ex-slaves for labour to dismantle it. The stone and metal could be used to strengthen our own defenses. This decision can be postponed, since the Ziggurat likely isn’t going anywhere. No Action